Pre-Purchase Building Inspection
During a Building Inspection we look for major building defects such as:
- Leaking roofs or damaged roof plumbing. Cracked tiles and /orloose ridge capping.
The roof is also checked from the inside, if there is a void.
- Structural cracks or framing deficiencies
- Leaking showers, toilets, or baths, laundries (wet areas) are assessed for a number of points including working taps, evidence of water hammer.
- Rising or penetrating damp
- All accessible sub floor areas to see any problems with the foundations or piers
- Poor external drainage or storm-water concerns
- Condition of Hot water tanks and water pressure
The Building interior
All Bedrooms, hallways and living areas and checked for defects including the floors, walls and ceilings, timber trims, windows and doors as well as joinery and cupboards. Wet areas such as bathrooms Kitchens, and laundries age and condition of hot water service, evidence of leaking shower recess / wet areas, defects to sanitary fixture and
The building exterior
The building exterior is checked for cracks and other defects, windows and doors are assessed, balconies / verandahs deck and other timber structures are checked for structural adequacy, wood rot and other defects.
The Building Inspection Report will contain a summary of notable items. We will have photographs in the report where you can see problems that need to be addressed.
First Choice Property Inspections ‘Building and Pest Inspectors’ expertise is based on decades of experience in all facets of the building and timber pest industry.
First choice property inspections is fully covered for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance
We comply with the current relevant Australian Standards AS 4349.1 – 2007 & AS 4349.3 – 2010.
Call us on: 0405402319