Preparing your house for sale
You paint your house and make the gardens more attractive, so people’s initial opinion of your property is good. First impressions are lasting. This is common practice by many people selling their home. Here are some more tips on preparing your home for sale:
- Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers can’t see past personal effects. So remove them so the prospective buyer will not be distracted. You want buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls, and they can’t do that if yours are there! You want them to imagine themselves in your house, not you.
- De-clutter your house to make it look more spacious. If this means hiring a lockup for a short while or asking a friend for space in there garage.
Arrange wardrobes so there is not piles of shoes and kids toys on the ground. That will always make the space look small. Kitchen cupboards are the same, and the bench tops.
- Do some minor repairs:
- Replace cracked floor or counter tiles. Patch holes in walls. fix leaky taps. Fix doors that don’t close properly and kitchen drawers that jam.
Replace blown bulbs
- Consider painting your walls neutral colours, especially if you have grown accustomed to purple or green walls.
(Don’t give buyers any reason to remember your home as “the house with the orange bathroom.”)
Preparing for sale: Consider having a termite inspection before the house goes up for sale
We can positively say that when people hear the words “Termite” or White Ant, they will think twice before signing on the dotted line; so for you we find all the likely issues that will be picked up when there is a prospective buyer.
- Leaky showers
- Wood under the house
- Termites in the house or garden
- Rotting timber, decks etc
- Poor ventilation
- Poor drainage etc…
All these points and many more add up to negative remarks on a report, making the chance of the sale falling through more likely. This as you know is an expensive issue. When the money for the sale of the house could be earning you interest, or helping you invest in your next property. What are we offering?
- A Quality inspection to Australian standards AS 4349.3 & AS 3660.2
- Operators are licensed and insured
- Information in you report so you can greatly increase your chance of a stress free sale
- We have the latest technology in Thermal imaging to give you a more comprehensive analysis of your property.
- We offer thermal imaging inspections & or Visual termite inspections whether you are living in, selling, buying or renting out the property.
- A quick turnaround on inspections.
All inspections are carried out to Australian standards. The thermal imaging camera is another tool to give you a clearer view of your purchase; or even the home you are living in. Q’s & A’s Yes we still get in the roof and the subfloor. We still check with a moisture meter. Reports can be emailed, faxed or posted. Quick turnaround to carry out inspections and write report. We service Sydney, The Central Coast and Newcastle. Contact us now: